In this month's edition of Wine Spectator, the 2015 Restaurant Awards were announced and seventeen Santa Barbara County restaurants have made the list! With three tiers of award levels, about 3,600 restaurants were awarded worldwide. Congratulations and make sure to add these restaurants to your lists!
Award of Excellence: first tier, "for lists that offer a well-chosen selection of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style. Typically these lists offer at least 90 selections" (Wine Spectator).
- Avant Tapas & Wine, Buellton
- Bella Vista, Santa Barbara
- Bouchon Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara
- Cielito Restaurant, Santa Barbara
- Chuck's Steak House of Hawaii, Santa Barbara
- Holdren's Steak & Seafood, Santa Barbara
- Olio E Limone Ristorante, Santa Barbara
- Olio Pizzeria, Santa Barbara
- Opal Restaurant , Santa Barbara
- Seagrass Restaurant, Santa Barbara
- The Harbor Restaurant, Santa Barbara
- The Far Western Tavern, Orcutt
The Best of Award of Excellence: second-tier award, "these lists display either vintage depth, with vertical offerings of several top producers from major regions, or excellent breadth spread over several winegrowing regions. These wine lists typically offer 400 or more selections, along with superior presentation; some offer more than 1,000 selections" (Wine Spectator).
- Los Olivos Cafe, Los Olivos
- Mattei's Tavern, Los Olivos
- The Dining Room at Belmond El Encanto, Santa Barbara
- Wine Cask Restaurant, Santa Barbara
And finally, the Grand Award: the highest award, "given to restaurants that show an uncompromising, passionate devotion to the quality of their wine program. These restaurants typically offer 1,500 selections or more, and feature serious breadth of top producers, outstanding depth in mature vintages, a selection of large-format bottles, excellent harmony with the menu, and superior organization, presentation and wine service" (Wine Spectator).
- Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch, Santa Barbara