Spend a few days if you can and get to know the people, places and products that make this such a special place. In addition to our winery tasting rooms and beautiful vineyards, there are a full range of activities sure to please everyone in your group:
- Great restaurants
- Outdoor theater
- Golf, camping
- Art galleries
- Or just a time and place to kick back with a wine country picnic!
To make your visit enjoyable, please note a few words of local advice:
- Plan ahead. Map out a route checking tasting room hours. Our wine country spans a distance of more than 50 miles from the northern to southern tasting rooms, so please plan for driving time. Use our designed tasting routes, online touring map, or request a printed touring map .
- Your two favorite wineries may be several hours apart and even if the wineries you choose are close to one another, four to five wineries is a full day. With this in mind, it may not be possible to visit tasting rooms at opposite ends of the county on the same day. Consider spending one day in one area and another elsewhere - you'll get better understanding of each, and enjoy it more.
- Please drive carefully and courteously. The pace here is a little slower, so relax and enjoy the drive. It's part of the experience. There's no telling when a covey of quail will dart across the road.
- Over imbibers will not be served, even if you're not driving. It's the law.
- A designated driver is encouraged to ensure safety on the road. Or consider a transportation service or a tour guide.
- Most tasting rooms charge for tasting wines.
- Large parties (8 or more) usually require reservations.
- There is usually something special happening in wine country year round. Check the Calendar of Events.
- Gas up before you head out to the country. It may be a long distance between service stations.
- You may want to bring a picnic lunch you on your wine tasting adventure. Wineries do not generally serve food, but many have beautiful picnic areas. There are also wonderful places to dine in town, some with outdoor seating.
- An overnight stay is always recommended. Check the Lodging page.
Buellton Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau
597 Avenue of the Flags, Unit 101,
Buellton CA 93427
Surrounded by the beautiful Sta. Rita Hills wine growing region, Buellton invites you to savor the many award winning restaurants and wineries in the Santa Ynez Valley. Visit our website or information center for more free information and wine tasting coupons.
Old Town Orcutt
Old Town Orcutt, CA
Orcutt is named after William Warren Orcutt, and was founded in 1906. The town was founded at the height of oil production in the Santa Maria Valley and was soon became a center of trade and shipping. Today, Old Town Orcutt has been revitalized and is a center for fine dining, wine tasting, boutique shops and seasonal events.
Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau
111 South I Street, Lompoc CA 93436
Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm. Sat 10:00am - 2:00pm
The Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce is the ultimate resource for everything Lompoc. Visit our website for visitor and relocation or - call or come it for referrals to local attractions and businesses.
Visit Santa Barbara
500 E. Montecito St., Santa Barbara CA 93103
(800) 676-1266, (805) 966- 9222
Santa Barbara is located just 92 miles north of Los Angeles and 332 miles south of San Francisco, on the Pacific coastline. Sun soaked weather, the ocean, evergreen mountains, lively calendar of events with plenty of hotels, restaurants and boundless things to do! Visitors can arrive via scenic Highway 101, train, bus or by flying into Santa Barbara Municipal Airport or Los Angeles International Airport. For travel and accommodation information and to request a free copy of the official Santa Barbara Visitors Magazine, contact Visit Santa Barbara at email@example.com or SantaBarbaraCA.com.
Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor & Convention Bureau
614 S. Broadway, Santa Maria CA 93454
The Santa Maria Valley is home to award-winning Chardonnay and Pinot Noir and world-famous Santa Maria style barbecue! Located one hour north of Santa Barbara off Highway 101.
Visit the Santa Ynez Valley
Post Office Box 633, Solvang, CA 93464
Life the life in the Santa Ynez Valley any time of the year. Discover small-town character and big-time charm in the six communities that it represents: Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang. Visit our website to plan your next trip for wine tasting, outdoor adventure, gourmet dining, arts, museums and much more.
Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau
1511-A Mission Drive, Solvang CA 93463
Flower boxes, quaint courtyards, windmills and Danish architecture create Solvang's "Danish Capital of America". Enjoy alfresco dining, boutique shopping and world-class wine tasting.