Readers of Conde Nast Traveler in 2014 picked their favorite small cities in American and we are thrilled that Santa Barbara made the list. See the complete list of winning destinations here.
Some of our favorite things about Santa Barbara:
1. Wine for everyone. Our region grows more than 50 different types of grapes with chardonnay, pinot noir, syrah, and sauvignon blanc being the most widely available.)
2. A diverse wine country experience with urban and vineyard tasting venues.
3. Wine for lovers. Santa Barbara is a romantic and energizing city.
4. Beautiful beaches and coastline. The Gaviota Coast is one of the world's most stunning locations.
5. Superb food scene. From taquerias to farm-to-table bistos to ice cream shops. (McConnell's ice cream was founded here.)
6. Relaxed, but sophisticated vibe. Imagine surfers partying with polo players.
7. Easy to get to (by plane, train, automobile, bus, and bicycle for the fitness enthusiasts.)
Share below your favorite things about Santa Barbara or use #seesb on Instagram.
Interesting stories from Santa Barbara Wine County.